Moon River Mother and Child Health Policy and COVID-19 (as of March 2020)
At Moon River Mother and Child, we are closely monitoring the situation regarding coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in our community. Until the situation is resolved, we will continue to defer to the CDC and other health professionals on how best to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
At this moment we are focused on continuing our Spring 2020 classes as planned, on April 22nd. As you know, this is a rapidly changing situation, and we have started planning for future scenarios in case it becomes necessary to cancel or delay classes. We will keep you updated and informed as the situation continues to unfold, and invite you to reach out to Director Catherine Rubin at any time via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 201-247-0052.
2020 Health Policy for Moon River Mother And Child
We ask for your help in keeping all the members of our musical community healthy by following these protocols. Our classes may have immune-compromised individuals (including pregnant women) who may be more susceptible to viral respiratory infections, including influenza and COVID-19, so your vigilance and adherence to this health policy is extremely important. Our teachers reserve the right to send a family home from class if they feel these sickness protocols are not being followed.
Classroom Cleaning Protocols
• All instruments that were distributed will be disinfected between classes and the end of the day with rubbing alcohol.
• Alcohol-based hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available for use during class.
Family Health Protocols
• We ask that all adults and children wash their hands before and after class for at least 20 seconds. (Sing the “Hello Song” to all the members of your family: that'll be at least 20 seconds!) Please arrive a few minutes early to allow time for this.
• Cough or sneeze into your elbow. (Practice this with our chant, "I'm freezing, I'm freezing . . . sneezing . . . Achoo! Achoo!”) Afterwards, wash your hands or use the provided hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes.
• Fist-bump or wave instead of shaking hands or hugging.
• If you or your child is sick, please stay home until you are fully recovered. If you or your child has had a fever, you must be fever-free for at least 24 hours (without assistance of fever-reducing medication) before returning to class.
• If you or your child becomes ill with something contagious after you were in class, please contact us immediately.
• Schedule a Make Up! We have a generous, unlimited makeup policy, so please keep that in mind. If circumstances warrant more flexibility, we will allow families to carry over makeups to next semester.
Contact Director Catherine Rubin, at email@example.com, with your questions about this health policy or our plans for responding to COVID-19. Let’s keep the music playing!